ON THE JOB TRAINING
Job Title: OTJT- Sprinkler Fitter/Helper Job Category: Installation
Department/Group: Field Job Code: 000-002
Location: South-East- USA Travel Required: YES
Level/Salary Range: $7.25 – $20.00 per Hour Position Type: Full-Time
HR Contact: Jay Fletcher Date Posted: January 5, 2015
Will Train Applicant (s): YES Posting Expires: January 31, 2015
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-Mail:
(865) 312-8954 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: [Recruiting or HR Department RE: Job Code/Req# and Title]
Role and Responsibilities
Installation and or Service of fire protection sprinkler piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application. Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and /or job requirements. Must Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner.
- Installation or Service Experience on wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems.
- Maintain proper documentation for work performed.
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions; such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment up to 40 feet or higher, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc..
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Self-starter that can work with little or no supervision
- 5+ years of documented experience in Fire Sprinkler/Suppression Industry
- Experience in reading and interpreting
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Maintain truck/job inventory to insure timely response to customer needs.
- Strong positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
- Capable of performing physical labor
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Ability to work well with others
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. For more information on J&J Fire Protection, LLC please visit our home page at: www.jandjmsi.com